- course id
- 1 day(s)
- Aimed At
Those who wish to enhance their practical computer usage skills by developing greater mastery of the resources offered by the Windows XP operating system.
- Course in a Nutshell
This course will help you learn how to share files and resources with co-workers over a network. You will explore how Windows XP takes advantage of the Internet. You will also learn how to customize and maintain your computers to create the most efficient workspace possible. Overall, this course will help you participate in intelligent conversations with other computer users and IT personnel, make appropriate requests, and troubleshoot problems related to personal computers. It a nutshell, it will turn you into a more aware and more confident computer user.
This course is one of the two Eogogics courses that address Module 1, Computing Fundamentals, of the Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC3). Modules 2, Key Applications, and Module 3, Living Online, are addressed in other Eogogics courses. Certification candidates must pass examinations for each of the three modules to earn the IC3 certification.
- Customize It!
Customize this course to your specific background and job requirements at little-to-no additional cost. We’ll tailor the topics included in the course, the emphasis each topic receives, the pace of coverage, and the choice of hands-on exercises to suit your particular needs. If you have an interest in a particular area, let us know, so we can be sure to address it.
- Learn How To
Customize the Windows XP environment.
Share files, folders, and resources over a network.
Access the Internet using Windows XP programs.
Use Windows XP tools to maintain the computer.
- Course Outline
- Lesson 1: Customizing Windows XP
- Topic 1A: Apply a Theme
- Topic 1B: Customize the Desktop
- Topic 1C: Select a Screen Saver
- Topic 1D: Modify Appearance and Effects
- Topic 1E: Control the Start Menu
- Topic 1F: Customize the Taskba
- Lesson 2: Making Connection
- Topic 2A: An Overview of Networks
- Topic 2B: Add a Printer
- Topic 2C: Manage Print Jobs
- Topic 2D: Share Files
- Topic 2E: Work Remotel
- Lesson 3: Using Windows XP and the Internet
- Topic 3A: An Overview of the Internet
- Topic 3B: Search the Internet
- Topic 3C: Keep Windows XP Up-to-date
- Topic 3D: Communicate with Windows Messenger
- Topic 3E: Use Remote Assistanc
- Lesson 4: Maintaining the Computer
- Topic 4A: Diagnose System Problems
- Topic 4B: Clean Up the Hard Disk
- Topic 4C: Defragment the Hard Disk
- Topic 4D: Back Up and Restore Personal Files
- Topic 4E: Restore System File
- Wrapping Up
- Using the Windows Movie Maker
- About the Internet and Computing Core Certification (IC³)